Thursday, March 11, 2010

Since iPhones aren't yet impermeable, enter... Waterpebble!

Is it just me or are there devices for everything?

I recently found out there's an iPhone app that "analyzes your sleep patterns and wakes you when you are in the lightest sleep phase" thereby making "you feel rested and relaxed." My geeky big brother insists it works. Sorry G, that's what you get for not reading my blog ; p

Apps such as "Sleep Cycle" are what have me convinced that if iPhones were waterproof (like the the digital camera pictured to the right) then there two would be an app tracking your water usage when you showered. However, since iPhones aren't yet impermeable, enter... Waterpebble, this week's cuppa green tee...

Discovered via DVice... "The clever [little] device by designer Paul Priestman, monitors water going down the plug hole when you shower. Memorising your first shower and using it as a benchmark, Waterpebble then indicates, via a series of 'traffic lights' flashing green through to red, when to finish showering." The best part, their site claims, "each time you shower Waterpebble automatically fractionally reduces your shower time, helping you save water without needing to think about it."

At £3.19 each, the jury is still out on how usefully green Waterpebble is. In fact, I couldn't help notice this cheeky comment...


Then again, depending on the type of shower (aren't the ones that feel like waterfalls annoyingly the best?) a five-minute shower could be too long! Therefore until I get to test it out myself, all I will say, is kudos on design dedicated to saving our precious water! At the very least I think this invention deserves a cuppa green tee nod :)



xo,
tee
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis