Monday, March 15, 2010

(Belated) Happy Pi Day!


My dear sweet pea sister, who herself is awaiting college admission results, told me yesterday that MIT has a tradition of making admissions results available on 3. 1 4 1 5 9...

Recognize the number? It's π (Pi), as in MIT reveals who's in on March 14th at 1:59pm, also known as Pi Day. By the way, it turns out Albert Einsten's birthday also falls on March 14th. Go figure! Leave it to the world re-known institute of technology to be that geeky!

Remember π? A mathematical constant whose value is the ratio of any circle's circumference to its diameter in Euclidean space?


I must admit, I don't recall the last time I used π... I do however recall the last time I ate pie! It was moving day, when I thanked my friends for helping me move (yet again) with pizza, beer and blueberry praline pie from none other than my fav Madeleine's Cherry Pie and Ice Cream... Mmm, yum!

And so in honour of π and the yummy variety... An awesome one minute apple pie video, also courtesy of my sweet pea sis.

Warning, it will make you want to bake pie:

one minute Apple pie from Sergey Yazvinsky on Vimeo.

xo,
tee.

PS - Coincidentally foodie friend It All Starts with Butter, posts "Baking is for Mathematicians." Check out his post if you prefer cheesecake :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis